ILTA Student Travel Award
Language Testing Research Colloquium 2017
Bogotà, Columbia, July 17-21
Deadline for applications: 1 March 2017
PURPOSE OF THE AWARD
The ILTA Student Travel Award is to provide partial travel funding for graduate students whose papers have been accepted at LTRC to attend the conference. This highly competitive award is given to a maximum of two student presenters.
DETAILS OF THE AWARD
Each award carries an honorarium of US$750 to be used towards travel expenses. If a paper has more than one student co-author, the amount awarded may be shared. In addition, each awardee will receive a free one-year membership to ILTA. They will also receive a waiver of conference registration fees. All awardees will receive official recognition in the LTRC Conference Program.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION
Graduate students may apply for this award if their LTRC 2017 proposal was accepted. The proposal must be for a research paper or symposium paper; applications for demos, poster or work-in-progress proposals will not be considered. The student must be listed as an author, but need not be the sole or first author. For co-authored papers, co-authors must be other students rather than advisors/supervisors, professors or other senior colleagues.
Graduate students are eligible for consideration if they:
1. were enrolled in a degree bearing graduate program at the time of submission to LTRC 2017
2. are not receiving other financial support that covers a significant portion of the expenses to attend LTRC
3. do not study or live in the LTRC host site
4. have not won the ILTA Student Travel Award before.
To be considered for the award applicants must send a 1-page letter containing the information 1-5 below, as well as a copy of the paper proposal (i.e. the abstract).
1. a statement requesting consideration for the travel award
2. the proposal title of the paper proposal
3. a statement of financial need
4. an assurance that the student is enrolled in a graduate program
5. the name and contact information of the student's advisor/supervisor (his or her e-mail address).
Both the letter and the abstract should be in one MS Word document or in a PDF file. Send the document/file as an attachment to Cathie Elder, ILTA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: ILTA Student Travel Award. In reaching a decision, the selection committee will consider the content and quality of both the application letter and the abstract.